If your PainChek® Account is integrated with an External Integrated Clinical System, Residents will automatically updated in PainChek®. Please contact the PainChek Support Team if a Resident in your External Integrated Clinical System does not match in the PainChek® System.
You may not be granted permission to add Resident records. In that case you would not see the Add Resident button described below.
When creating a new Resident you will record personal information such as First Name, Last Name, Nickname, Gender and Date of Birth. Complementary information, such as a photo to make identification easier, and/or the resident's Facility Name, Room and Bed Numbers can also be recorded.
1. Tap the Add Resident button on your Dashboard:
2. To add a profile picture to the Resident tap Add on the profile circle above the form (note that this is an optional action):
Choose one of the options available:
The options are:
Upload from gallery to select a photo that is saved on your device.
Take Picture to use the device's camera to take a new photo.
Cancel to leave the Resident with no photo.
If you chose one of the first two options, follow the instructions on the screen to select or take a new photo. You may be asked to give the PainChek® App access to the photos saved on your device or to the camera on the device.
4. Fill in the fields in the form:
Some fields are mandatory and some are optional - the Shadow Text (which is displayed in each field before you enter a value for the field) will indicate if the field is mandatory or not.
5. Tap SAVE (you may need to scroll down to see the SAVE button). You can now find the new profile saved in Residents section on your Dashboard:
If you tap SAVE before completing all mandatory fields, an alert will be displayed informing you of what information is missing. The below screenshot is an example showing the date of birth being missing:
6. If you do not want to create the Resident, tap on CANCEL instead of SAVE. You will lose all the information previously entered.